Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Kentucky Update






I (Anna) have been in Kentucky for almost three months now and I love it more each day, minus missing my loved one(s) back home and my newfound caffeine addiction (I never thought I'd succumb, but hey, desperate times...). My classmates continue to amaze me with their kindness and intelligence and my professors inspire and challenge me. School is even more refreshing than a bottle of Ale-8-1, a classic Kentucky ginger ale that I've fallen in love with. In an effort to do all things "Kentucky," I'm also trying to enjoy the occasional bourbon on the rocks. So far I like the idea of bourbon more than the taste. When my dear friend, Ryan, came to visit, we spent a perfect fall afternoon learning about how bourbon comes to be at the Woodford Reserve distillery. Thanks, Ry, for coming to visit me! Check out these pics of our fun day.

No comments: