Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Lovely Long Weekend

Ah, the weekend. Ahhhhhhhh, long weekends! My husband and I (Anna) just spent our long weekend at a gorgeous cabin in Grand Marais, Minnesota (way north) with some of our favorite friends (i.e., three more sets of happy couples!)

Yes, it was below zero the whole weekend (except Sunday, when we all cheered as the thermometer inched up to 1 degree above zero!) Snow-shoeing, skiing, and hot-tubbing filled our days. Eating feasts filled our nights AND days. We most enjoyed Laura's Egg Kaka (a tasty Swedish tradition in her family). Ever heard of it? We hadn't either, but believe me, it's delicious. Thanks, Moench family! I'm thinking of introducing this delightful breakfast to my own family next Christmas.

As a bonus, one of the couples on the trip revealed an adorable little ritual, one I just have to share: Each night, before bed, husband and wife read a page or two out loud from What Happy Couples Do.

Okay, is that dreamy or what?!

No comments: