Monday, June 9, 2008

French Toast at the Swannie Cafe


You know those friends who are like family? The friends who love you unconditionally, even though they don't have to. I (Anna) am fortunate to have many of them. Michelle
(pictured with me above) and I are definitely like sisters. Two main things Michelle and I have in common: 1. We love to laugh and 2. We're pretty laid back.

We share many rituals, but one of our favorites is french toast at the Swannie Cafe (which happens to be located in her parents' kitchen!). Michelle's dad, Rick, has been making us his famous french toast since high school. No matter how hard I try to replicate it, it never tastes the same. Whenever I come home I ask Michelle when our "reservations" are. Michelle's mom, Ann, sets the table so it's special each time. And, without fail, we take a picture like the one above. Predictability. Stability. Fun. What more could I ask for in a friendship (or a ritual)?

No comments: