Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Date Plans

How adorable is this? My (Anna's) techy hubby has our "ical" calendars synchronized so when one person adds an event, we both automatically see it. While scheduling some interviews for my dissertation, I came across a new "event" added by my sweet hubby. To my surprise, I spotted "movie date night with hunny" on my calendar. We rarely go to movies in the theater. To save money, we try to have our movie nights "in" rather than "out." But we're going to splurge a little. Maybe we'll even do dinner out beforehand? Another thing we try to cut back on. Come to think of it, we better schedule all our movie nights "out" before we need a babysitter in order to do so!

DO surprise your spouse.

3 comments:

CChenoweth said...

What if your spouse doesn't like surprises? I LOVE surprises, but the hubby doesn't. Usually he cannot wait to give me presents after he buys them. Sometimes I will get my Christmas and birthday presents weeks ahead of time!

Carol Bruess said...

Ha! Well, we each have our own relational currencies, right? It sounds like you need to teach him about your favorite ways to be "loved." Easier said than done, unfortunately! Over time, though, this seems to come easier (I've found). Keep us updated!

Grace said...

how cute, good work brent boy!