Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Give Us Wings

One of our (both mine and Carol's) favorite neighbors, Betsy Davies, is involved in one of our favorite causes: Give Us Wings. Give Us Wings helps build African villages. Betsy went to Uganda and Kenya in January and blogged about her experiences. Very though-provoking, heartbreaking, and enlightening stuff worth checking out:
http://jambofromuganda-kenya.blogspot.com/

Looking for a fun time with friends? Support Give Us Wings while doing so! They're having a benefit dinner and silent auction that would make for a great double date. C'mon, Happy Couples! Betsy will be speaking and she's incredibly funny and touching. It's sure to be a great time for a good cause. Purchase your ticket online:

http://www.giveuswings.org/fundraisers/12-annual-celebration-a-silent-auction.html

As a bonus, you might just meet the one and only Carol Bruess; there are rumors she'll be in attendance! Oh, and there's Happy Couple Co giftware to bid on, too. It'll be a night to remember.

1 comment:

Bets said...

Thanks you guys! I just finished up the last revision of my talk. I'm excited and nervous, but mostly just honored to be able to represent some of the women I met while in Uganda. I also just finished up a slide show/video that will be shown that night... but only because my 11 yr old son helped me!