Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Husband is Mad at Me ...

... because I (Carol) totally outed him in the front page story of our "local" newspaper, The Highland Villager (60,000 readers). Yesterday's edition positioned What Happy Couples Do as top-of-the-fold news (very cool)! But, not-so-cool to my husband is the cold hard fact that the reporter reveals, in the very first paragraph no less, that I am the regular winner of one of our loving little ritual games. In fact, I almost always win. It's SO true. Yet my loving and beautiful husband likes to think - and I think he really believes - that in our Happy Anniversary Contest, a monthly competition to see who can say "Happy Anniversary" on the 13th of each moth, the day of our wedding 16+ years ago, he is ahead. Here's the truth: My score - if we were keeping tally, which we've agreed not to - is so high and grand it's not even funny (insert loving little laugh). But don't tell anyone; 60,000 people is quite enough.

Honey, are you reading my blog? I love "mu"!

What healthy and loving little games do you and your partner or spouse share that keep your marriage fit? Do tell, so we can tell millions of others.

No comments: